We love sharing but we need a few rules on how to do it.
How we do
supports and encourages ideas, services, and tools that use and
supplement Kinkify’s services. At the same time, we are serious about
protecting our reputation, our trademarks and our brand identity. This
Trademark Policy explains how to refer to Kinkify, our marks or our
By using any of Kinkify’s services, you’re agreeing to this policy and our
property (for example, the use of the term “Kinkify”).
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or device (or a combination of
those items) that identifies the goods or services of a person or
company and distinguishes them from the goods and services of others.
The word “Kinkify” and other Kinkify graphics, logos, designs, page headers,
button icons, scripts and service names (together, the “Kinkify Marks”) are
registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Kinkify, Inc., in the
U.S. and/or other countries.
Why must Kinkify protect the Kinkify Marks? Kinkify must be to able assure
Internet users and others that only the services offered, sponsored, or
endorsed by Kinkify actually bear the Kinkify Marks. Trademark law requires
that we not only protect against improper use of the Kinkify Marks, but
also protect against the use of confusingly similar marks.
Using the Kinkify Marks
Here are our rules for using the Kinkify Marks:
We support and encourage using the Kinkify Marks in the following ways:
- Make fair use of Kinkify’s Marks. Kinkify supports free speech and you
do not need permission to make legitimate commentary about Kinkify, the
company or Kinkify’s services. For example, if you sell on Kinkify, it’s fine
to let people know that.
- Distinguish the Kinkify Marks from surrounding text by, for example, capitalising the first letter of the Kinkify Marks.
- Spell the Kinkify Marks properly.
We do not permit the following uses of the Kinkify Marks:
- Incorporating the Etsy Marks or a confusingly similar mark into,
for example, the name of your business, organisation, non-profit
organisation, event or trademark.
- Removing, altering, distorting or modifying the Kinkify Marks, including adding other terms to the Kinkify Marks to create new words.
- Using the Kinkify Marks or a confusingly similar mark in a way that
falsely implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or
endorsement by Kinkify, Inc. or that can be reasonably interpreted to
suggest information comes from, or represents the views or opinions of
Kinkify, Inc. or an Kinkify employee.
- Using the Kinkify Marks in a product unless we’ve given you our permission in writing.
- Using any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, designs or logos
that are confusingly similar to the Kinkify Marks or the look and feel of
the Kinkify website.
- Using the Kinkify Marks in any way or on any website that contains or
promotes adult content, gambling or otherwise violates applicable law or
- Using the Kinkify Marks in a manner that is in Kinkify’s sole opinion
misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging,
tarnishing, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Kinkify.