Write your content, write about whatever you want as long as it’s kinky and Kinkify positive!
Submit your content to our friendly Kinkify admin team for review!
If your content is considered within the Kinkify guidelines we will publish it!
Content Submission Guidelines
Since its inception in 2020, Kinkify has been delivering great content to sex positive vendors and community members every day.
Now we’re opening our doors to you.
We encourage and greatly appreciate thought leaders and industry professionals to share their innovations, experiences and ideas with their peers in the sex and kink industry.
We believe that the sex industry grows stronger when we share our knowledge and experience, and Kinkify aims to be the conduit of those ideas.
General Submission Guidelines
- Kinkify accepts the following content formats: News/Features/Blog, Video, Podcasts, Photo Slideshows & Infographics.
- Content should be between 500-1500 words.
- Do not submit content that is promotional in any way. Content should be informational, educational, entertaining, insightful or procedural.
- When quoting others’ work, include attributions in the body text. This should refer to the author and publication, and a link back to the original post. No footnotes, endnotes or reference lists.
- You may link back to your website/blog in the body text (in a natural, SEO-friendly way) and in your Author Bio. These may include track backs.
- You should also link to outside resources in the body text in a natural, SEO-friendly way.
- Include 3-5 subheads.
- Use bullet points (when applicable) for easy scanning.
- All forms of multimedia are welcome for embedding into a post.
Voice + Tone
- Thought Leaders: We strive to be thought leaders in the industry, looking at major problems, rising trends, and innovative ideas effecting the sex industry.
- Data Driven: Use stats and studies from reputable researchers when possible.
- Problems & Solutions: Our readers love to know what they’re doing wrong or poorly, but be sure to give them some solutions to those problems, too.
- Visual: Be as visual as you can in. All forms of multimedia are welcome to drive your message home.
- Tone: Casual and friendly, like you’re talking shop with a friend over a few drinks.
- Headlines should include a keyword phrase and be under 8 words long (approx. 56 characters, including spaces)
- Body text should include at least one link to another Kinkify story or landing page relating to the post content and keyword phrase
- Body text should include at least one link to outside sources (blog post, video, podcast, infographic, whitepaper, downloadables, etc.)
- The post summary should include the post’s keyword phrase and any alternate keywords while also accurately describing the post’s content.
- The post summary should be between 150-160 characters (including spaces).
What We Need From You
- Your post
- Post Summary (approx. 150-160 characters)
- A Hero Image (optional)
- Any multimedia (photos/graphics/video/audio/social media) that should be embedded into the post
- Proof of right of use for any stock images and video used in the post
- Your contact info (for internal use only)
Once received, Editorial will look over your submission. If accepted, you will be notified of its slated publication date.
A note on our editing process…
Kinkify might edit your story for grammar, spelling, style and SEO, while doing our best to keep the tone and personality of the piece intact. We’ll try to work with the author on any edits, but cannot make promises they’ll get final editorial control.
We generally re-write headlines and subheads to conform with our style guide and SEO best practices.
We don’t condone or actively practice censorship, but Kinkify reserves the right to exercise editorial judgement.
By submitting your content to Kinkify you’re agreeing to the following items:
- Kinkify has exclusivity rights to the content being submitted. Submitted content cannot be reposted onto other publications until 30 days after it goes live on Kinkify and must have different headlines and subheads.
- That you share your post on Kinkify on your social media accounts and newsletters.
- That you have copyright permission to use any stock photos, audio and music embedded in the post.
- The content is original and not plagiarized, and uses proper citations for works quoted.
In return, Kinkify promises the following:
- To give you full credit for the content you created, with links back to your site(s).