Open Your Store
This guide will walk you through how to set up your store!
To start opening your Kinkify shop:
- Head to the register form and get started!
- Select your shop language, country, and currency, then click Save and continue.
- Choose your shop name, then click Save and continue.
Set your shop preferences
Select your shop’s language, country, currency, and time commitment:
- Shop language: The shop language you choose is the default language you use to describe your items. You won’t be able to change it later, but if you’d like to add translations in other languages, you will be able to enroll in other languages after opening your shop.
- Shop country: Be sure to select the correct country for your shop.
- Shop currency: Choose the currency you will use to price your listings. Currency conversion fees may apply if your bank’s currency is different from your shop currency.
- Time commitment: Select whether selling your products is your full-time job or part-time job. This question is for informational purposes only and will not affect the setup of your shop.
Choose your shop name
Choose a memorable name that reflects your style. Shop names must meet the following requirements:
- 4-20 characters in length
- No spaces or special characters
- No profanity
- Not already in use by an existing Kinkify member
- Does not infringe on another’s trademark
If the shop name you entered is in use, you will see suggestions for other shop names that are still available. Your shop name will be held for you while you open your shop.
Stock your shop
Add product listings to your shop – you’re almost ready for your big shop debut.
Choose how you’ll get paid
Choose the payment methods you want to offer in your shop. If you’re in an eligible country, you’ll use Kinkify Payments. Kinkify Payments gives buyers many options to pay for their order, and consolidates all payments in your Kinkify Payment account.
If you’re in a country that is not eligible for Kinkify Payment, the following options are available:
- PayPal. If you’re in a country that is not eligible for Kinkify Payments, you’re welcome to use your own PayPal account to accept payments.
- Cheque or money order. If you use a payment method that needs to be mailed to you, select Payment by Mail on the Accepted Payments page and select Money Order and/or Cheque. The address you enter will only be shared with a buyer who purchases from you and chooses this method.
- Other.This means you have another way of accepting payment. Be sure to include information and instructions about your payment method in your listings and shop policies.
Set up billing
Depending on which country you’re in, you may need to enter a credit card to open your shop. The card should be a:
- American Express
- Carte Bleue (France)
We ask sellers in certain countries to keep a credit card on file as a means of identity verification. You may see an authorisation charge to verify the card you entered on file. As soon as the card has been verified, the charge will be dropped from your statement.
Your card information is secure with Kinkify.
Sellers located in Austria, Germany, and the Netherlands aren’t required to have a credit card on file.
Open your shop
When you finish all the sections, click Open Your Shop. You’ll always be able to make changes to your shop after it’s open.
The web address to get to your shop will be: